Fall is arguably the best time of the year! Who can resist the leaves on the trees changing color, the cool air, pumpkins, baking, and making fall crafts? Decorating for fall is a delight because of the gorgeous brown, yellow, orange, red and gold hues that take over the home. Fall Mason jar crafts are the perfect item to use for an autumn centerpiece or candle holder as you are completing your fall decorating.
You can make a Mason jar craft with your children as a memorable experience, with a group of friends on a craft night or just for fun!
You do not need too many materials for this simple DIY project and you should be pleased with the result.
What you need:
- Mason Jar
- Burlap, ribbon, bow, buttons or other embellishments
- Artificial fall leaves
How to Make Your Fall Project in Four Easy Steps
- Tightly wrap your Mason jar with burlap that is approximately three inches wide. If the burlap is wider than three inches, just fold it and secure with glue. You can also use some of your favorite fall-themed ribbon to wrap around the Mason jar.
- Use glue to secure the ends once they are wrapped all the way around the jar.
- Place three artificial fall leaves on the front of the jar or use a ribbon to wrap around the burlap.
- Add more artificial leaves, a bow, buttons or any other accessories that create visual interest to your project.
To add some whimsy to the jar, add layers of popcorn seeds, red and brown lentils or white beans to the inside of the jar. You can set a small tea light on the seeds or beans to elevate your candle and add more visual interest.
Another idea is to paint the outside of the Mason jar before you wrap it with the burlap or ribbon. Mod Podge is helpful to have around for attaching embellishments and adding a layer of protection when crafting with Mason jars. You can also use Mod Podge for adhering fall themed tissue paper to the outside of the jar.
This project looks amazing when it is completed and you really are only limited by your imagination. Grab some supplies and start crafting today.